At this point, we could more or less be sure that Reyes' gonna be a lefty like me. She takes to ease, be it scribbling or eating, with her left hand. We had tried putting the pen/spoon in her right hand but she'll either lose grip of it or hold it in an awkward manner. I gave up trying to change that cos I understand how frustrated it can be for the child.
I wasn't as lucky as Reyes. I got caned, scolded and nagged at just for being a lefty. Couldn't understand why at that point but as I grew older, I begun to know why. Constantly knocking into someone's hand next to me at a dining table, felt pen ink smudging on my left hand as I write on paper, wiping away the chalk writing on my left as I write on the blackboard & some other minor problems ... Though can't say the problems are totally negligible but guess it's a matter of getting used to it. And I've long gotten used to it.
Till now I'm still wondering whether can someone's master hand be forced to change since young. However that isn't quite important now cos I've got no intention to change Reyes'. So it's gonna be 2 against 2 for "fights" at the dining table in future.








No comments:
Post a Comment