Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Milestones at 32 mths

Mummy's post:

The last time I posted about their milestones was probably few months back. I guess at this age, this stage, it's rather hard to document all their milestones as they are really growing and learning at a very fast pace. I get surprises every morning when I wake up and everyday when I pick them from school. Their speech development, fine and gross motor skills, understanding power and etc ... improved tremendously. Reyes could speak in long sentences (which makes sense now) of 6-10 words in both English and Mandarin. I am glad that both use Mandarin as their primary languages though Reyden's 发音 for Chinese is still not as clear. I think girls are probably better in their languages.

The other thing is I've started to teach them dialects - Hokkien and Cantonese and apparently Reyes' better at it too. She managed to speak her 1st Hokkien and Cantonese sentences. Reyden can do it too but then again, it isn't too clear.


They'll tell Kiki that whenever there's thunder.



Other than speech, the other milestone is toilet-training. Reyden's faster in this aspect. He can now go to the toilet on his own (except for poo that needs cleaning up) & sleep without his pull ups at night. He'll wake up once (or sometimes not at all) in the middle of the night to pee and that'll last till he wakes up in the morning. In fact he's the one who says he had grown up and don't want the pull ups. Well, so far so good, my mattress isn't ruined yet. So I would say he's fully diaperless now!

As for Reyes, we had put her off diapers for naps in school. However cos she still wakes up with wet pull ups in the morning, I guess it should be long way to go before she's fully trained for nights.

No comments: