Mummy's post:
I'm proud to announce that Reyden at 26mths old is finally toilet-trained for daytime! It's hard to understand my excitement and happiness cos all along I thought it'll take forever for him to be trained. I had tried for quite sometime after Reyes was being trained but gave up eventually cos he'll pee everywhere except in the toilet. He'll simply just sit on the toilet seat and refused to pee. I thought I might as well continue to put him in diapers for the sake of my sanity and his safety (in case I beat him to death, haha!).
However a week ago when I came across some nice Thomas underwears at Tom and Stephanie, I decided to get for him. I know he had been quite jealous over Reyes' collection of Hello Kitty, Princess, Barney and Strawberry shortcake panties. He loves the briefs and it took me by surprise when he told me one morning "gorgor big boy, no wear pampers. I want wear underwear, same meimei."
So I took the "risk" and let him went to school without diaper but with lots of emphasis that he musn't "shh shh" in underwear, must tell Teacher Mylene & etc ... I thought will just let him try it out and the school will probably put him back on diapers if there are too many "accidents".
When I picked him up that day, the teachers told me he had 2 accidents that day though he was able to tell them when he needs to pee and poo a few other times. I thought the teachers were about to tell me that he's not ready yet and I should put him back on diaper. However they didn't! And they told me to bring more shorts for him the next day and they'll continue to let him go without diapers. I was so grateful for that.
And after 3 days of "accidents", he finally came back home with no more soiled shorts! We certainly owe this "success" to the CC and teachers. My dream of going to Genting (yes, we are going again end of Jun) diaperless is coming true!!






No comments:
Post a Comment