Mummy's post:
Ok, I've decided to do some justice to the childcare in case people read about all the scary things and started putting off the idea of sending their kids to school.
They did learn quite alot of things in school for these 2 weeks. Reyes knows all her body parts in Mandarin. She can point to the right places when I asked her where's "眼睛,鼻子,嘴巴,头,舌头,颈,小手,小脚 & 耳朵." The teachers say that she had learnt these from the Mandarin nursery rhymes they sang everyday. She can even says "老师" & both knows their chinese names when called. The funny thing is Reyes will sometimes mixed up her chinese name, "瑞诗" & "老师" cos it sounds similar. Another funny thing that the teachers commented about her is she's very protective of her brother. She'll help her brother to snatch back his water bottle if their peers took it.
Reyden though not as proficient in his Mandarin, is picking up things fast too. He could say "s-kool" & "cher" (teacher) now. The teachers had also commented that both their fine and gross motor skills are good and they are self-feeding themselves well. Both can finished a quarter cup of drink on their own without much spilling now.
I must say I'm pretty proud and happy with these 2 little "terrors"' developments. And of cos credits are given to the teachers, therefore I had bought a log cake for the teachers to show my appreciation to them. I know it's not easy to take care of these 2 for even half a day.






No comments:
Post a Comment